What is insomnia?
Insomnia is when you have difficulty falling asleep or unable to stay asleep. Insomnia is not a diagnosis or a disease but rather a symptom of something else going on.. We all have have nights when we cannot fall asleep, no matter how desperately we try. Staring down the clock to fall asleep at dawn is frustrating and distress.. One in three adults have bouts of insomnia that last for a few days, one in ten adults suffer with on going difficultly on a regular basis, this is referred to as chronic insomnia. Chronic insomnia is consider if it occurs three nights a week for over a month. Insomnia is the most common among sleep complaints.
Women are more likely to have insomnia, it is also more common among shift workers. People who don't have consistent sleep schedules; people with low incomes; people who have a history of depression; and those who don't get much physical activity are at high risk of insomnia.
Some of the causes of insomnia
- Medications that interfere with sleep
- Dietary choices, such as caffeine late in the day, that interfere with sleep
- Stressful thoughts
- Recent upheavals in your life, such as a divorce or death of a loved one
- Hormone changes, such as those accompanying menopause
- Bedtime habits that don't lead to restful sleep
- Sleep disorders
- Chronic pain
- Medical conditions such as acid reflux, thyroid problems, stroke, or asthma
- Substances like alcohol and nicotine
- Travel, especially between time zones
Some of the symptoms of insomnia
- Frustration and preoccupation with your lack of sleep
- Physical aches and pains, such as headaches and stomachaches
- Impaired performance at work
- Daytime drowsiness or low energy
- Difficulty paying attention
- Tension and irritability
- Depression and mood swings
Things you can do if you think you have insomnia
- Change in existing medication if that's what's causing the problem
- Counseling to help relieve stress and other issues bothering you
- Change in lifestyle choices that may interfere with sleep
- Try to go to bed and awake up at the same time each day
- q distractions like TVs, phones, tablets and lightening
- Over the counter Melatonin can to help you get to sleep and stay asleep
- CBD and Hemp Extracts can help with anxiety and sleep
Copyright CBD N' Stuff LLC. All Rights Reserved. by 3dcart Hosted Ecommerce.