What are omega-3 fatty acids?
Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of fat that is found in fish and is also found in some plants and nuts. Our body cannot make Omega-3 fatty acids on its own, which is why it is vitally important for us to eat foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acids
What can I eat that contain Omega-3 fatty acids?
Although Fish is the best source of Omega-3, Hemp seeds, walnuts, flaxseeds sea weed and Algae are just a few foods that contain omega-3.
What is the difference between EPA, DHA and ALA?
The two Omega-3 Fatty acids found in fish are (EPA) eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). There is a form of Omega-3 in plants, this is called a alpha-linolenic (ALA).
In what ways can Omega-3 fatty acids help improve my overall health?
Most of this research involves EPA + DHA, but ALA can also help improve your health. Research shows that omega-3 fatty acids can improve your cardiovascular health. Benefits of including omega-3 fatty acids in your diet include:
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Reduced risk of death if you have cardiovascular disease.
- Reduced risk of sudden cardiac death caused by an abnormal heart rhythm.
- Reduced risk of blood clots because omega-3 fatty acids help prevent blood platelets from clumping together.
- Keeping the lining of the arteries smooth and free of damage that can lead to thick, hard arteries. This helps keep plaque from forming in the arteries.
- Lowering triglyceride levels by slowing the rate they form in the liver. High levels of triglycerides in the blood increase the risk of heart disease.
- Less inflammation. Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) is thought to involve your body's inflammatory response. Omega-3 fatty acids slow production of substances that are released during the inflammatory response.
Benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids may also:
- Raise levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL/“good” cholesterol).
- Lower blood pressure. People who eat fish tend to have lower blood pressure than those who don’t.
Nott only do you get the benefits of Omega-3 that is naturally found in hemp oil I also have capsules with added Omega-3 to help meet your daily dietary requirements.
Copyright CBD N' Stuff LLC. All Rights Reserved. by 3dcart Hosted Ecommerce.